NTNU - kunnskap for en bedre verden
Ved NTNU, Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet, skapes kunnskap for en bedre verden og løsninger som kan forandre hverdagen.
Post Doc - Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience
Temporary 100 % position as a Post Doc/Researcher
Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
The position is a part of the Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience. The Centre for Neural Computation is a recently established centre of excellence funded for 10 years by the Norwegian Research Council. We offer an international and multidisciplinary environment in which creativity and scientific discourse is valued and stimulated. Through our widespread network of international collaborations, unique career possibilities are offered. See http://www.ntnu.no/cbm/ for detailed information.
The position will be part of the group headed by Professor Yasser Roudi. The position/s will be for 2 years.
Aim of the study / Description of Project:
The successful applicant will take part in mainly independent research in theoretical neuroscience and statistical inference within the Roudi group. The specifics of the projects are up to agreement and discussion and new and novel ideas are highly welcome. Developing models of grid cells and their interactions with hippocampus as well as analysis of neural data from these areas will be one possible directions of research that can be taken during the tenure of the position.
We are looking for an independent minded person who can develop his or her own ideas within the framework of theoretical research at the Kavli Institute and Centre for Neural Computation. Excellent mathematical and programming skills and experience with neural modelling and neural data analysis is required. Experience with topics such as deep learning, generalized linear models, maximum entropy models and models of grid cells are a big plus but not necessary.
- Candidates must have a PhD degree or equivalent with a relevant background in physics, statistics, theoretical neuroscience, computer science or similar areas.
- Candidates must be able to communicate fluently and efficiently, both spoken and written in English
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. If necessary, we will adapt the workplace for people with disabilities. Increasing the number of women in academic positions is an important priority for the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Terms of employment:
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Postdoctoral Fellows (1352) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 490 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 490 500 - 517 300 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund. The appointment will be made in accordance with current regulations and supplementary rules with guidelines for employment as a Postdoctoral Fellow appointments at universities and university colleges.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Researchers (1109) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 490 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 490 500 – 558 100 per year before tax.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via this page, and attach all relevant documents listed below. Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
The application should contain the following attachments:
- Application letter describing the candidate’s skills and personal qualifications for the position and project.
- Applicant’s CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas).
- Summary of research interests and problems to work on (2 pages maximum).
- Contact information for three references (including email addresses and telephone number)
Applications are to be submitted electronically via www.jobbnorge.no within the deadline of 30.04.2018.
The most suitable applicants will normally be invited for an interview.
For further information about the position, contact:
Professor Yasser Roudi, email: Yasser.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the application process, contact:
HR Consultant Sissel Sollien, mobile 48 05 11 91, email@example.com
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
- Søknadsfrist30. april 2018
- ArbeidsgiverNTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning