UiT the Arctic University of Norway, Faculty of Fine Arts has two departments – Department of Contemporary Art and Creative Writing and Department of Music and Drama (the Music Conservatory). We offer bachelor and master programs in contemporary art, creative writing, music performance and music teacher training, drama and theatre. The Faculty comprises a total of 92 positions including professors and Ass. Professors, lecturers, PhD fellows and technical/administrative staff. The Music Conservatory focuses on classical music as well as jazz, pop and rock, and has approx. 250 students and 65 faculty and staff members.
Piano Tuner/Piano Technician at UiT the Arctic University of Norway
The Faculty of Fine Arts at UiT the Arctic University of Norway has vacant a full time temporary position as Piano Tuner/Piano Technician for one year, with the option of becoming permanent.
The Music Conservatory has approx. 40 pianos, one hammerklavier and 30 grand pianos/harpsichord. The main tasks for a piano tuner/piano technician will be tuning and minor repairs to accommodate training, rehearsals, performances, and other needs at the Music Conservatory.
The Music Conservatory collaborates with other music institutions in Tromsø and Northern Norway, and the piano technician will also serve them.
Applicants must be able to verify being an authorized Registered Piano Technician or have at least five year work experience enabling the following minimum qualifications:
- Knowledge of technical materials, equipment, and facilities incl. standard piano tuning and repair equipment
- Knowledge and experience with preparation of systematic plans and routines for tuning and maintenance
- Ability to tune and regulate a piano to meet the tonal qualities of various pianists
- Ability to adapt standard techniques to meet the challenges presented by the Music Conservatory’s practice and performance tuning schedules
The applicant must also show full command in English or a Scandinavian language
We search for a person with good communication skills, high sense of flexibility and ability to cope with work under pressure. You will facilitate support for students and teachers in their training, performing and artistic based research activities, so that they can reach their individual and joint educational and artistic goals. You will be essential in contributing to a positive educational experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's strategic goals. Having a strong commitment to safety is also essential. Personal qualifications will be of great importance in the assessment process.
We can offer
- An inspiring and creative work environment
- Dedicated colleagues
- Good career opportunities
- Independent and flexible working hours and a state collective agreement
- A membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
Working and payment conditions
The job is a full time position, and it is expected that the piano technician will take residence in Tromsø. The remuneration for the position is in accordance with the State salary scale code 1085 engineer or 1087 chief engineer. A compulsory contribution of 2 % to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund will be deducted on top of tax.
Applications shall be sent electronically via www.jobbnorge.no and shall include:
- Letter of application
- CV (containing a complete overview of education, working experience and references)
- Relevant certificates and certified copies of diploma for completed degrees
Assessment An expert committee will assess the applicants. Candidates of interest will be invited to an interview and a technical test.
Further information about the position and the application process is available by contacting Professor Sergej Osadchuk email@example.com phone: + 47 776 60588 or Dean Kjell Magne Mælen firstname.lastname@example.org phone: + 47 776 60563.
Questions concerning the organization of the working environment, including that of the physical state of the workplace, health services, and possibilities for flexible working hours, part-time work, etc. may be addressed to the telephone reference in this announcement.
At UiT the Arctic University of Norway, diversity is valued, and we therefore encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of their age, gender, functional ability or national or ethnic background. The university is an equal opportunity employer and places importance on making the necessary adaptations to working conditions for employees with disabilities.
Personal information given in an application and CV will be treated in accordance with the Act relating to the processing of personal data (the Personal Data Act). In accordance with section 25, subsection 2 of the Freedom of Information Act, the applicant may request not to be registered on the public list of applicants. However, the university may nevertheless decide to make the candidate’s name public. The applicant will receive advance notification of any such publication.
- Søknadsfrist1. mars 2018
- ArbeidsgiverUiT Norges arktiske universitet
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - UiT Norges arktiske universitet
- Ledige stillinger - Kunst / Kultur
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Troms