NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Post-Doctoral Fellow position in Environmental Psychology at the Department of Psychology
There is a temporary position available at the Department of Psychology as Post-Doctoral fellow in Environmental Psychology for a period of three years. The position is a fixed -term position with the primary goal of qualifying for work in professional academic chair positions. One year of the position is dedicated to obligatory work in supporting the coordination of the H2020 project SMARTEES.
Information about the Department
The Department of Psychology currently has approximately 110 employees and 1100 students. The Department holds a large and diverse research community covering a variety of disciplines within psychology, and offers studies at the bachelor-, master- (specializations in learning – brain, behavior, environment and in work- and organizational psychology) and PhD level in addition to a study programme in clinical psychology. The Department also has three outpatient clinics that offer outpatient treatment as part of the educational programme in clinical psychology. In addition, the Department participates in extensive local, national and international research collaborations. Our research ambition is to be internationally and nationally leading in various disciplines of psychology.
The position is part of the H2020 project SMARTEES, which will be coordinated by Prof. Christian A. Klöckner at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. The project has 11 partners from 9 countries. Its aim is understanding citizen acceptance of the Energy Union, responsiveness to socioeconomic incentives for increased ownership, and prosumerism. SMARTEES integrates theories and methodologies of social energy innovation and agent-based socio-economic simulation and collects data in five trans-European case clusters in the domains of consumer-driven regenerative energy production, energy efficiency in buildings, low-carbon regional transport and consumer empowerment. Dynamic, multilevel agent-based models of successful innovation transfer will lead to a policy sandbox which allows a realistic prospective analysis of existing and future policy and market incentive scenarios. Each case cluster addresses a particular social innovation and consists of two reference cases (mostly cities) and 4-5 followers. The post-doctoral fellow in the project will have responsibility for contributing to theoretical development about energy innovation uptake, collection curation, and analysis of primary and secondary data sets, development and configuration of the agent-based social simulation models, and policy scenario development and testing. Furthermore, the post-doctoral fellow will assist the project coordinator in project management tasks.
Employment will be activated in accordance with existing regulations of 31 January 2006 (http://www.lovdata.no/dokument/SF/forskrift/2006-01-31-102). The requirement for the positions is a completed Norwegian PhD in a relevant field, or a completed foreign PhD approved as equivalent to a Norwegian PhD in a relevant field.
- Personal qualifications will be ascribed high importance.
- A background in consumer behavior research (preferably within the energy domain) is required.
- Good understanding of psychological theories and quantitative analysis methods is required.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory.
- Documented abilities to author scientific publications are mandatory.
- The ability to manage a project with many international partners is required, which includes the ability to communicate constructively with members of different European cultures.
- Documented experience with conducting large scale, quantitative research projects will be considered as an advantage.
- Documented experience with social innovation research and/or agent-based modelling will be considered as an advantage.
Applications should include
- A motivation letter of max. 1 page
- CV with information on education, and previous research experience
- Publication list (if applicable)
- Relevant sample publications (max. 5, if applicable)
- Authorized documentation of certificates and study records.
The application must contain information about education, examinations and previous practice. Confirmed copies of certificates and references must be included.
Collaborative work will be taken into account. If it is difficult to identify the applicants share in the collaborative work, a short statement of his/her part therein must be attached.
Payment- and working conditions
The post-doctoral position is paid according to salary scale 57 in the national salary scheme, gross NOK 40.475 per month, of which 2 % is deducted for the State Pension Scheme.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The employee is expected to accept possible changes in work tasks. It is essential that the successful candidate is present and available at the Department of Psychology in Trondheim.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, disabilities or cultural background. NTNU is an Inclusive Workplace.
- Becoming member of the motivated, international research group for Consumption, Environment, and Traffic
- Academic challenges
- An open and including work environment
- Attractive schemes for home loans, insurance and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
Information about the applicants may be open to public inspection as provided by the Freedom of Information Act.
Further information about the position is available by contacting Professor. Christian A. Klöckner at the Department of Psychology, phone (+47) 735 91977, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
An application including attachments should be sent electronically through: www.jobbnorge.no. Documents received after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration. The reference number of the position is: SU-108.
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 28, 2018
- Søknadsfrist28. januar 2018
- ArbeidsgiverNTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- ArbeidsstedDragvoll, Trondheim
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Akademisk CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Ledige stillinger - Forskning / Utvikling
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Sør-Trøndelag