NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Two Post-Doc Positions in the project Health in Context
Two 2-years positions are now available at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) with main workplace in Trondheim. Read more about the Faculty here www.ntnu.edu/mh
The positions are part of a research project at NTNU called “Health in Context”, which includes researchers from the Departments of Mental Health, Public Health and Nursing and Neuromedicine and Movement Science.
The positions will be part of the Health in Context project, which was formed on the basis of three research groups: Health promotion, Activity and Participation, and Mental Health with the following vision:
I. Develop new health related knowledge about individual and contextual resources that promote influence on individual-, group- and societal level and contribute to creating a good life for people of all ages.
II. Develop new knowledge where context, culture and life world are necessary and basic concepts for understanding high quality health care service and practice, both in the health care service system and society.
III. Develop and carry out research and education where users and practice are central, active and equal partners
The position is open for project descriptions, which can identify with these visions and incorporate them in the project description. We ask that a project draft/outline (up to 3 pages) is included with the application.
We seek a talented, enthusiastic and committed scientist who fulfils the following criteria:
Requirements of the applicants:
- A doctorate degree or an equivalent education, preferably within health sciences, life sciences, human or social sciences.
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Knowledge of Norwegian.
Emphasis will be placed on:
- The candidate’s motivation for the position
- Good cooperation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to collaborate interdisciplinary
Chosen applicants will be invited to an interview.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Post-Doc (in code 1352) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 490 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 490 500 – 517 300 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
NTNU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from both EU/EEA and non-EU countries. The university is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from members of ethnic minorities.
Applicants must be submitted electronically via this page (jobbnorge.no) within the deadline 20.12.2017.
The candidate’s motivation, skills and personal qualifications for the position and project should be described in the application letter.
The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicant’s CV (eventually including list of publications)
- Copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas.
- Certificates from former relevant employments.
- Relevant publications (full text).
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Contact information for two references (including email addresses and telephone number).
- Project draft/outline (up to 3 pages)
- Other relevant information.
For further information about the positions, please contact:
For information concerning the application process, please contact:
HR Adviser Håvard Tangvik, email: email@example.com, mobile: +47 99301868
Please note that applications will be assessed based on the information submitted at this page. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
We do not wish inquiries from recruitment agencies, advertisers and the like.
- Søknadsfrist20. desember 2017
- ArbeidsgiverNTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Sør-Trøndelag