Postdoctoral Research Fellow position at the Department of Information Science and Media Studies
There is a vacancy for a postdoctoral research fellow position at the Department of Information Science and Media Studies in the Interaction research group within human-computer interaction (HCI) focusing on applications for mental health care. The position is for a period of 3 years.
About the project/work tasks
The post.doc will be part of the interdisciplinary project INTROMAT (INtroducing personalized TReatment Of Mental health problems using Adaptive Technology). The project is appointed by The Norwegian Research Council as one of three projects chosen in their IKTPLUSS Lighthouse call. The vision of the project is to improve public mental health with innovative ICT. We will bridge the gap between the burden of disease and unmet needs by integrating innovative technologies and psychological treatments. Haukeland University Hospital is the project owner of INTROMAT and UiB is one of 14 partners in a highly qualified cross disciplinary team including ICT-researchers, health-researchers, end-users and IT industry. Read more at www.intromat.no
The post.doc project will be situated in the field of human-computer interaction and will primarily conduct research-trough design within some of the cases in the project (e.g. cognitive training for adults with ADHD, psycho-social support for women recovering from gynecological cancer). In addition, the candidate can contribute to the efforts in the project in the design of authoring tools for treatment modules. The HCI research will involve design and evaluation of different kinds of interactive artifacts, such as wearables, biosensors, mobile applications, etc.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a PhD degree within information science, informatics or must have submitted his/her doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded.
- Work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
- A good command of the Norwegian language, or another Scandinavian language will be an advantage
Preference will be given to students with a background in human-computer interaction and experience in user-centered design, prototyping, and evaluation of interactive artifacts.
Additional experience in design, psychology, and related areas will be an advantage
Ideally the candidate will have experience working in inter-disciplinary contexts.
- The candidate should provide strong evidence of existing research skills and/or knowledge to match the project topic, through the work with the Ph.D. and through international high-quality publications in established venues in HCI/mhealth/ehealth.
Potential candidates may be invited to the department for an interview, and might be asked to hold a trial lecture in a given topic.
Applicants are advised to familiarize themselves with the teaching and research profile at the Department, please see http://www.uib.no/en/infomedia
About the position of postdoctoral research fellow:
The position of postdoctoral research fellow is a fixed-term appointment with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. The fixed-term period for this position is 3years. Individuals may not be hired for more than one fixed-term period as a postdoctoral research fellow at the same institution.
A research proposal of 4-5 pages must accompany the application. The proposal should contain a progress plan for the different parts of the research work, as well as a plan regarding publishing. It is a requirement that the project is completed in the course of the period of employment.
A budget must be set up for operating expenses.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment.
- Salary at pay grade 57-60(code 1352) on the government salary scale upon appointment (equivalent to NOK 489 300,- 516 000 per year). Further promotions are made according to length of service in the position.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IW).
- Good welfare benefits.
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant's research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- The names and contact information for two reference persons. One of these must be the main advisor from the PhD programme.
- Transcripts and diplomas and official confirmation that the doctoral thesis has been submitted.
- Relevant certificates/references.
- List of any works of a scientific nature (publication list).
- Until five publications in your name.
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at Jobbnorge.
The application has to be marked with: 17/13089
The closing date is November 20, 2017
Applications sent by e-mail will not be evaluated.
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting:
Associate professor Frode Guribye, Department of information science and media studies, email: email@example.com, tel. +47 55 58 41 84
Practical questions about the application process should be directed to Senior Executive Officer Bodil Hægland e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel.+47 55 58 90 53.
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. Age and gender balance among employees is therefore a goal. It is also a goal to recruit people with immigrant backgrounds. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at all times.
- Søknadsfrist20. november 2017
- ArbeidsgiverUniversitetet i Bergen
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - Universitetet i Bergen
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Hordaland