The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society.
The Department of Informatics (IFI) is one of nine departments belonging to the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences at the University of Oslo. IFI is Norway’s largest university department for general education and research in Computer Science and related topics. The Department has near 950 students on bachelor level, near 450 master students, and over 180 PhD students. The overall staff of the Department is close to 250 employees, about 200 of these are full time positions. The full time scientific staff is 60, mostly Full/Associate Professors.
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Machine Learning for Cybersecurity
A position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Cybersecurity is available at the Department of Informatics, and will be for a period of 3 years. The starting date is as soon as possible. The position is hosted at the IFI Research Group in Networks and DistributedSystems (ND) and the SecurityLab of the University of Oslo.
The Postdoctoral fellowship is part of the Oslo Analytics research project, and will focus on information security in general, and in particular, on security threat and vulnerability analysis, intrusion detection, and cybersecurity data analysis and machine learning. The position involves theoretical modelling, development of prototype software tools, experimentation, report writing, as well as some project management. The Postdoctoral position is located at The Department of Informatics at the campus of Oslo University.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for this fellowship will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
Applicants must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in computer science or mathematics, with documented knowledge in the relevant areas outlined above. Thus, applicants should have a strong background in statistics, AI and machine learning, and preferably also have knowledge or experience in information security. The application should describe the relevance of the PhD project work and other research activities relevant for the position.
The selection of the candidate for the position would be based on relevant knowledge and experience in the areas described above, academic results and scientific publications. Due to the nature of the Oslo Analytics project, only candidates from European and NATO countries may apply.
- Salary NOK 517 700 - 569 000 (position code 1352), per year depending on qualifications.
- A professionally stimulating working environment.
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities.
The application must include
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- Certified transcripts of the candidate's academic record
- The most relevant and important publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee (maximum 5)
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link “apply for this job”.
All documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In accordance with the University of Oslo's equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity but would like to specifically encourage female candidates to apply.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
For further information please contact:
Professor Audun Jøsang, firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the recruitment system please contact HR Officer Helene Jansen, +47 22857196, email@example.com
- Søknadsfrist1. november 2017
- ArbeidsgiverUniversity of Oslo
- Intern-ID2016/12282 - 1352
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - University of Oslo
- Ledige stillinger - Forskning / Utvikling
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Oslo