NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
POST DOCTOR POSITION IN MATERIALS SCIENCE – INORGANIC AND HYBRID FERROIC MATERIALS
A post doc position in the field of inorganic and hybrid ferroic materials is available. The successful candidate will be affiliated with the Inorganic Materials and Ceramics Research group at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, working in close collaboration with the Department of Electronic Systems at NTNU. Our research group is an internationally renowned capacity in the field of inorganic ferroic materials, covering materials modelling, synthesis, and multiscale characterization. We now seek an energetic and creative candidate with an outstanding track-record in inorganic or hybrid ferroic materials, who has the ability to generate and explore new ideas at the forefront in materials science. As part of this NTNU financed position, the successful candidate is expected to take an active role in the acquisition of external funding through national and international excellence programs.
The applicant must hold a PhD in materials science, materials chemistry or similar. Candidates with documented expertise in advanced synthesis and characterization of ferroic inorganic or hybrid materials, including a strong background in solid state chemistry/physics, are desired. Additional competence in the relationship between crystal structure and ferroic properties, hereunder polarization, strain and structure and dynamics of domains and domain walls, or computational materials science is an advantage. The successful candidate is creative, innovative and can work independently. He/she has good communication skills and is able to collaborate with other researchers in the project as well as international collaborators. The candidate must provide evidence of the ability to publish scientific high-quality papers.
The appointment of the Post Doc will be for 3 years and will be made according to Norwegian guidelines for universities and university colleges and to the general regulations regarding university employees. The position as postdoctoral researcher is remunerated according to the Norwegian State salary scale. There is a 2% deduction for superannuation contribution.
The national labor force must reflect the composition of the population to the greatest possible extent. NTNU wants to increase the proportion of women in its scientific posts. Women are encouraged to apply. The position adheres to the Norwegian Government’s policy of equal opportunity regardless of ethnicity, age and gender.
Information about the department and the research group can be found online at: http://www.ntnu.no/materialteknologi/english and http://www.ntnu.edu/mse/research/ceramics/
The application should contain:
• CV including certificates from Bachelor, Master and PhD.
• Research proposal (max 5 pages).
• Reference letters.
• List of publications with bibliographical references.
• Documentation of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) if English or a Scandinavian language is not the applicant's mother tongue.
• A statement on when the applicant can start in the position if selected.
Applications must be submitted electronically through this page.
Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
Mark the application with ref.no NV-109/17.
Application deadline is December 1, 2017.
- Søknadsfrist1. desember 2017
- ArbeidsgiverNTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Sør-Trøndelag