The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Researcher in MRI (PhD required in Physics or Mathematics)
There is available a 3 year position (100%) as researcher in MRI. The primary focus will be imaging of cardiac stiffness using MR elastography in combination with other MR techniques.
University of Oslo and Oslo University Hospital is the largest hospital and medical research institution in Norway. The MR research group at Institute for Experimental Medical Research (IEMF) has a 9.4 T preclinical scanner with a large library of techniques, including T1 mapping, TPM of cardiac function, LGE and DTI. We develop and utilize novel applications for mechanistic studies into cardiac diseases. The MR research group currently has 8 employees, of which 5 are physicists. For a description of the MR facility, see http://www.iemf.no/science/mri_unit/
IEMF is an innovative and dynamic medical research environment, and relies on close interaction between physicists, physiologists, MDs, molecular biologists, engineers and mathematicians. IEMF is responsible for several cutting edge research infrastructures, including the preclinical MR unit and a super-resolution microscopy laboratory. In 2017, we are starting a new research center focusing on cardiac stiffness, which is an important aspect in heart failure.
Participate in establishing preclinical cardiac MR elastography.
Implement elastography in new and ongoing projects studying cardiac stiffness.
Participate in general joint work by the research unit.
For more information, contact Ivar Sjaastad, Professor, Ivar.email@example.com
Requirements and Qualifications
- The applicant must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) within the field Physics or Mathematics
- Candidates with a background in deformation mechanics and/or other relevant fields are especially desirable.
- Expertise in MR physics, mechanical mathematics
- Structured and reliable person who has the ability to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary environment
- Methodologically strong
- Personal suitability will be emphasized
We can offer
- Enthusiastic and professionally strong research environment
- Challenging work
- Development opportunity
- Social work situation
- International environment
- Transdisciplinary staff
- Salary NOK 537 700 - NOK 600 200 per annum depending on qualifications
- Favorable pension arrangements
- Attractive welfare arrangements
Travel activity: Some travel must be expected
The application must include:
- Application letter, including motivation for applying for the position
- CV (summarizing education, positions, academic work-scientific publications and other relevant activity)
- A complete list of publications and academic work
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts of records
- Contact details of 2 referees (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
Please remember that all documents must be in English or in a Scandinavian language.
In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
UiO has an agreement for employees, aiming to secure rights to research results
Norske stikkord: fysiker, fysikk, matematikk, mekanikk
- Søknadsfrist8. november 2017
- ArbeidsgiverUniversity of Oslo
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - University of Oslo
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Oslo