The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
TIK Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture is a cross disciplinary unit at the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Oslo. TIK is home to 40 staff members working in research, education and research communication in innovation and science and technology studies (STS). A major part of TIK’s activity is externally funded research. TIK also offers postgraduate education; a PhD-programme and two Master programmes. The Centre also hosts OSIRIS- Oslo Institute for Research on the Impact
Postdoctoral Fellow in Innovation Studies
Applications are invited for a three-year position as Postdoctoral Fellow in Innovation Studies to be based at the TIK Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
The TIK Centre is an interdisciplinary research centre with a number of research projects on innovation and sustainability transitions. The candidate selected for this position will become an important part of TIK’s expanding activities in this area.
The position will be affiliated with the Research Centre for Sustainable Solar Cell Technology (SuSolTech), one of eight new national centres for environment-friendly energy research (FME) funded by the Research Council of Norway and centre partners.
The overall goal of the Centre is to contribute to growth and job creation in the domestic solar cell industry. TIK’s main contribution and responsibility is to analyze and understand processes of innovation, diffusion and use of solar energy.The main empirical focus of the candidate’s work will therefore be to analyze the development and dynamics across the solar energy value chain, including various types of use of the technology. Please consult our project website for further information.
Researchers at TIK use historical and contemporary source material, statistical data as well as interdisciplinary methods and analytical resources. The research group has a strong track record in scientific publishing and close ties to many internationally leading innovation research units. TIK is also a member of the Norwegian Research School in Innovation Studies (NORSI), EU-SPRI and other networks with many opportunities for early career scientific meetings and networking.
Qualification and personal skills
- Candidates must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in innovation studies or relevant related disciplines and fields within the social sciences.
- In addition to relevant educational background, successful candidates must have documented knowledge and strong interest in the development of innovation research theoretically, as well as demonstrated experience in relevant areas of empirical research.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in and competence for contributing to the development of empirical and theoretical research on the role of innovation in renewable energy technologies as part of the energy transition. A good match between the candidate’s research interests and TIKs research goals and activities within SuSolTech will be a main selection criterion for the position.
- Applicants must have excellent written and oral proficiency/communication skills in English.
- Salary of NOK 490.900 - 569.100 per annum depending on qualifications
- Academically stimulating working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include:
- Cover letter. In the letter the candidates should describe their intellectual background and qualifications, indicating the main theoretical approaches, empirical tools and publishing goals of their work to date, and outline how their background and research interests apply to the announced position as part of the project. The application letter should also state the motivation for applying for this position.
- Project description, including project plan (max. 5 pages). In the project description the candidate should outline their ideas for his/her research. The project plan may include suggestions for relevant methods and analytical frameworks as well as suggestions for potential papers.
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- A complete list of publications.
- Up to three academic publications that the applicant wishes to have considered in the assessment process.
Only candidates who have submitted their doctoral thesis prior to the application closing date may apply for the position. A prerequisite for appointments the successful completion of a doctoral degree.
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link “apply for this job”. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented, academic qualifications, the project description, and the quality of the project as well as the candidates motivation and personal suitability. Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment.
No one can be appointed for more than one specified period at the same institution.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
Deadline: 21 September 2017
- Søknadsfrist21. september 2017
- ArbeidsgiverUniversity of Oslo
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - University of Oslo
- Ledige stillinger - Forskning / Utvikling
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Oslo