NTNU - kunnskap for en bedre verden
Ved NTNU, Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet, skapes kunnskap for en bedre verden og løsninger som kan forandre hverdagen.
Faculty of Economics and Management
The Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management
PhD Candidate in stochastic optimization at FME MoZEES - Mobility Zero Emission Energy Systems
There is a temporary position available at the Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management as PhD Candidate within stochastic optimization, for a period of three years. This is an educational position, which will provide promising research recruits the opportunity for professional development through studies towards a PhD. The position is connected to the PhD-program at the Faculty of Economics and Management and the faculty will be your employer.
The Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management consists of 23 Professors, 9 Associate Professors, 7 Post Doctors and 27 Ph.D.-candidates. The department is organized into six sections:
- Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research
- Safety, Health and Environment (HMS)
- Operations Management
- Strategy and Business Development
- Experts in teams
- Economics and Management (Gjøvik)
The PhD Candidate will be part of Section for Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research.
PhD project: Analysing zero emission transport systems and value chains
The position is linked to the research centre FME MoZEES. Ambitious national and regional climate policies on low and zero emission transport are currently being implemented in Norway, including economic support for the introduction of battery and hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles. The main objective of MoZEES is to be a Center for environment-friendly energy research (FME) with the goal to develop new battery and hydrogen materials, components, and technologies for existing and future transport applications on road, rail, and sea. This PhD projects aims at developing optimization models to study transport systems and value chains. The position will be hosted by The Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management.
Area of research
The project focuses on decision support for analysing value chains zero emission transport and their interaction with and effects on the energy system. Of particular interest is to analyse the effects of battery electric vehicles and hydrogen vehicles in order to reduce emissions from the transport system in 2030 by 50%. This includes also investigating how government policies and instruments can support the transition. The work will include bot long-term scenario studies and analysis of operations in the hydrogen or battery value chains. Methodology will be based on stochastic programming, equilibrium models and economic theory. Both theoretical development and applied analysis is part of the project.
Applicants have to address strictly the following selection criteria:
- A highly motivated candidate with a high-grade (minimum character B) Master's degree within operations research or optimization.
- High level of personal responsibility, initiative, and ability to work in a project team.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiatives.
- Experience with stochastic programming, integer programming, energy markets, energy systems or transport systems
- Experience with or formal education in economics
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and administrative staff.
Salary and Working Conditions
The PhD position is paid according to salary level 50 in the national salary scheme, gross NOK 36 025 per month, of which 2 % is deducted for the State Pension Scheme.
Please find more information about the appointment of PhD Candidates in the regulations https://lovdata.no/dokument/SF/forskrift/2006-01-31-102?q=forskrift%20for%20stipendiater, and NTNUs supplementary purviews of 23.01.12, http://lovdata.no/dokument/SF/forskrift/2012-01-23-206.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The employee is expected to accept possible changes in work tasks. Primary residency in Trondheim is a prerequisite.
It is a major political objective to achieve a balance of age and gender in the national labor force and to recruit people. Women are encouraged to apply.
Anticipated commencement: 1. September 2017, or in agreement with the Department.
Employment in a PhD position requires admission to a PhD-program in Industrial Economics and Technology Management. Information about the PhD-program is to be found at http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/phiot.
Application should within deadline include:
CV, recommendations, certificates and diplomas.
Information about the applicants may be open to public inspection as provided by the Freedom of Information Act.
Further information about the position may be obtained from Asgeir Tomasgard, Department of Industrial economics and technology management, NTNU, Trondheim. Email: email@example.com.
The application must be submitted via this webpage. The application sent to the contact persons will not be considered as relevant.
ID number: ØK-036. Application deadline: 06.08.2017
- Søknadsfrist6. august 2017
- ArbeidsgiverNTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Akademisk CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Sør-Trøndelag