Global challenges regarding energy and climate change, the environment, health, food safety, technology and renewable solutions, use and conservation of land and natural resources, and development of the bio-economy, requires greater effort. NMBU is well equipped to conduct further research in these fields. NMBU's expertise spans entire value chains and includes both basic and applied research.
On 1 January 2014, the Norwegian School of Veterinary Science and the University of Life Sciences merged and became –NMBU, the Norwegian University of Life Sciences. NMBU has 1700 employees and 5200 students, and is currently located on two campuses – Ås, about 30 km south of Oslo, and Adamstuen in Oslo. In 2020, the new research- and education-building for veterinary science will be completed and all of NMBU will then be located at Campus Ås.
Further information about NMBU is available on www.nmbu.no
Associate Professor in Physics – Digital Power Systems – Ref.no. 17/01918
The Faculty of Science and Technology (RealTek) has a permanent, full-time position available for an Associate Professor in Physic –Digital Power Systems.
The Faculty of Science and Technology has 130 employees, about 1,100 students and about 60 PhD students. The Faculty offers a bachelor, master and doctoral degrees in natural sciences and engineering in the fields of environmental physics and renewable energy, building and architecture, water and environmental technology, machine-, process and product development, geomatics and educational sciences. The workplace is in Ås, 30 km from Oslo.
We are looking for highly motivated scientists with a proven track record of high international quality who can drive research activities in the area of future digital power systems and link our research and education in Environmental and Energy Physics with our expanding activities in Data Science/Big Data. As a successful applicant, you have excellent collaboration skills, as you are expected to contribute to collaborations in the field across academic communities at RealTek and NMBU.
- Internationally competitive high-quality research
- Development of research field and group
- Planning and implementation of research projects, including applications for external funding
- Supervision of doctoral and master degree students
- Teaching of basic courses in physics and specialized courses in electronics and electrical engineering
- Administrative task
- Academic and popular dissemination of the field and research results.
The position will include work on research, teaching and dissemination related to the field of future digital power systems and related topics. We expect our new colleague to initiate research projects and perform independent research in digital power systems and related topics. NMBU aims to increase external research funding through national and international sources, and we expect you to take a leading role in this work within their field. You will also teach courses in physics and supervise master and doctoral students. Teaching duties comprise basic courses in physics and specialized courses in the field of electronics and electrical engineering. You will participate in the dissemination of all aspects of the field to academic communities, industry and the general public.
Qualification requirements for the position
Academic qualification requirements
- Doctoral degree in physics or similar allowing the candidate to teach basic courses in physics and to perform research in the specified research fields
- Internationally published research of high quality.
- Research experience in digital power systems
- Documented teaching experience
- Documented experience in securing external research funding, including EU funding
- Documented project management skills
- Curiosity, independence and the ability to innovate
- Ability to build an international research group
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Applicants who do not speak Norwegian, Danish or Swedish must commit to learning Norwegian within two years. Applicants must be able to teach basic courses in Norwegian within two years.
NMBU wants more women in permanent academic jobs. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Besides academic expertise, emphasis will be on teaching experience and educational and administrative expertise. Applicants without formal training in pedagogy are required to complete NMBU's course in university pedagogy within two years.
- The opportunity to build a research group in a high-potential field
- Exciting challenges in research and teaching
- A highly motivated and diverse student body
- A stimulating working environment
- Challenging work
- A pension scheme in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Various welfare schemes
The position is placed in position code 1011 Associate Professor, salary framework 24 (pay grade 61-76), depending on qualifications. Seniority raises within the position.
For further information, please contact
- Professor Achim Kohler, email: email@example.com
- Associate Professor Petter H. Heyerdahl, email: Petter.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted electronically via the link "Apply for this job”. Application deadline: 01.10.2017
Applicants are asked to submit a research plan in digital power systems for the next five year (up to two pages) with their application.
The applicant must enclose up to 10 publications that they consider key to their academic production. In cases where it is difficult to identify the applicant's contribution, it must be accompanied by a brief statement of the applicant's share of the work.
Documents that cannot be sent electronically must be sent in three copies by ordinary post and marked position no. 17/01918 to NMBU, Faculty of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, Post box 5003, NO-1432 Ås, by 01.10.2017
Applicants who are invited for an interview will be asked to present verified copies of diplomas and certificates.
The position follows the State salary scale. Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (2 %). A good work environment characterised by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, functional ability or cultural background. If necessary, the workplace will be adapted for persons with an impaired functional ability.
In accordance with section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act, your name, age, job title and city of residence may be included in the public list of applicants for this position even if you request that your name be withheld.
- Søknadsfrist1. oktober 2017
- ArbeidsgiverNorwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Akademisk CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
- Ledige stillinger - Forskning / Utvikling
- Ledige stillinger - Ingeniøryrker
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Akershus