NTNU - kunnskap for en bedre verden
Ved NTNU, Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet, skapes kunnskap for en bedre verden og løsninger som kan forandre hverdagen.
PhD Candidate - Age related changes in cardiorespiratory fitness
Cardiac Exercise Research Group
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
A position as PhD candidate is open at the Cardiac Exercise Research Group, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU (Trondheim, Norway). The group is headed by Professor Ulrik Wisløff. At CERG we investigate the effects of exercise in chronic diseases, such as heart diseases and diabetes, using a wide range of tools spanning from animal experiments to clinical trials and epidemiological studies.
The position has fixed-term duration of three years (100%) with a desired start date of 1st August 2017.
In this project we aim to expand current knowledge about the age-related changes in cardiorespiratory fitness (VO2peak) and the associations and interactions with environmental, hereditary and lifestyle factors. The candidate will take part in sub-study of the 4th wave of The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT4, starting September 2017) were we aim to follow-up ~5000 participants that were tested for VO2peak in HUNT3 (2006-08). We seek a talented and diligent candidate with experience from exercise testing and a high motivation and commitment to research.
- Medical degree or Master`s degree in Exercise Physiology, Health Sciences or equivalent programme, with an average grade of B or higher (A to E grading system; A highest).
- Experience with cardiopulmonary exercise testing in general and/or clinical populations.
- Experience with quantitative research methods and statistical packages such as STATA, SPSS or other.
- Excellent command of English (written and oral)
- A strong emphasis will be placed on personal motivation and proven ability to work independently and in team.
The following skills will be considered an advantage, but are not required
- Documented experience with epidemiological methods (article publication or master’s thesis)
- Background in exercise-, sports- or physical activity research
- Good command of Norwegian (written and oral)
- Challenging and exciting work
- Excellent working conditions in one of Europe’s most modern research facilities (St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim).
- Good pension, insurance and loan schemes through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
Depending on qualifications and academic background, PhD Candidates (in code 1017) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 435 100 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 435 100 - 497 600 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The appointment will be made in accordance with current regulations and supplementary rules with guidelines for employment as PhD Candidate appointments at universities and university colleges.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via this page. The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicants’ CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and references) and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas.
- Short statement on the applicant’s personal qualifications and motivation for the position.
- Short statement from a former supervisor/tutor/teacher.
- Contact information for two references.
- Other relevant attachments.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Science and the Cardiac Exercise Research Group want to attract outstanding and creative candidates who can contribute to our ongoing research activities.
We believe that diversity is important to achieve a good, inclusive working environment. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, disability or cultural background.
Applications are to be submitted electronically via www.jobbnorge.no within the deadline of 02.06.2017.
For further information about the position, contact:
Researcher Bjarne M. Nes, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, NTNU, email: bjarne.nes@ntnu, mobile: + 47 908 94 295 or
Professor Ulrik Wisløff, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, NTNU, email: ulrik.wisløff@ntnu.no, telephone: + 47 72 82 81 13
For further information about the application process, contact:
HR Consultant Sissel Sollien, email; firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: mobile 48 05 11 91
- Søknadsfrist2. juni 2017
- ArbeidsgiverNTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Sør-Trøndelag