NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Postdoctoral fellowship in Innovative Didactics
The Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (http://www.ntnu.edu/ie) at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for one postdoctoral fellow position at the Department of Computer Science (IDI) (http://www.ntnu.edu/idi). The position is connected to ExcITEd (Excellent IT Education, http://www.ntnu.edu/excited) which is a Centre for Excellence in Education funded by NOKUT for the period 2016-2021. The centre is a collaboration between NTNU (host institution) and Nord university.
An appointment as postdoctoral fellow is for a term of 2 years, or 3 years with teaching duties equivalent to 33%. The position of postdoctoral fellow is a fixed-term position with the primary objective of qualifying for work in top academic posts.
Information about the department
Currently IDI has 28 professors, 31 associate professors, 10 senior lecturers, 18 university lecturers and assistant professors. In addition there are 19 adjunct professors / lecturers, 37 postdoctoral researchers, approx. 65 active PhD students, and 22 technical/administrative staff. Thirteen of the tenured scientific positions are held by women, and 23 are from other countries than Norway. Research activities are organized into groups and strategic European and National projects as documented here http://www.ntnu.edu/idi/research.
The candidate will be a staff member of the ExcITEd Centre, and the research must thus be aligned with the centre goals and deliverables. The centre aims to improve IT education in the partner universities, through innovative learning methods, software tools and digital resources, to evaluate learning interventions scientifically, and to disseminate the centre's activities and results as widely as possible.
The Post-Doctoral Researcher’s responsibility will include the following tasks:
- Participation in research on the current learning and teaching quality of the educations involved in the center, definition, execution and evaluation of novel learning approaches, and publication of the results from these studies.
- Assisting the center leadership in operation of the center, reporting to NOKUT, and dissemination of center activities nationally and internationally.
- PhD degree in computer science, informatics, IT didactics, or equivalent is required. The degree must be at least at the same level as a Norwegian PhD degree.
- Demonstrated research capability via a strong publications record.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, preferably also fluency in a Scandinavian language, as many of the courses to be improved by the centre are taught in Norwegian.
- Teaching experience, as well as formal qualifications in pedagogy / didactics, is not strictly required, but will be considered a clear advantage.
For candidates who are neither native English speakers nor from Scandinavia, the following tests can be used as documentation for English skills: TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)
- IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CAE/CPE: grade B or A
The position is in code 1352 Post doctor, salary grade range from 57 in the Norwegian State salary scale, gross NOK 488,900 per year, depending on qualifications. A deduction of 2% is made as a statutory contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
We can offer
- an informal and friendly workplace with dedicated colleagues
- academic challenges
- attractive schemes for housing loan, insurance and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
The Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering want to attract outstanding and creative candidates who can contribute to our ongoing research activities. We believe that diversity is important to achieve a good, inclusive working environment. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of the gender, disability or cultural background.
As far as possible, the State workforce should reflect the diversity of the population. Goals of our personnel policy therefore include a balanced distribution in terms of age and gender as well as recruitment of people of immigrant background.
The appointment is subject to the conditions in effect at any time for employees in the public sector.
Under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have his or her name entered on the list of applicants.
The application must contain
- A cover letter including an explanation of how your research interests and background would fit the position.
- Information about education and relevant experience (academic CV).
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates. (Applicants from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to attach a diploma supplementor a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grading system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree.)
- A short research statement (up to 2000 words) describing the applicant's view of what the main research challenges are for Innovative IT Didactics, and what the applicant specifically envisions to contribute to the research in the ExcITEd centre.
- Information about educational experience, including teaching experience. See "Documentation of an applicant’s pedagogical qualifications": http://www.ntnu.edu/vacancies/pedagogical-qualifications
- At least 2 publications.
- Names and contact information of at least two references
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
The application must be sent electronically as one combined PDF file via this page (jobbnorge.no).
For further information, please contact centre leader Prof. Guttorm Sindre, e-mail: email@example.com, phone +47 73594479.
For information about processing of applications, please contact Senior Executive Officer Anne Kristin Bratseth, phone +47 73 59 67 15, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark the application IE 014-2017
Deadline for application: 2017-02-27
- ArbeidsgiverNTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Intern-IDIE 014-2017
- Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
- Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
- Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!
- Ledige stillinger - NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Ledige stillinger - Forskning / Utvikling
- Ledige stillinger - Utdanning / Undervisning / Forskning
- Ledige stillinger - Sør-Trøndelag