The University of Bergen (UiB) is an internationally recognised research university with more than 14,000 students and close to 3,500 employees at six faculties. The university is located in the heart of Bergen. Our main contribution to society is excellent basic research and education across a wide range of disciplines.
At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, a permanent full-time (100 %) position as Researcher is available. The position is external financed and for the time being a part of the project «Translational Development of Preclinical Models and Therapies in Myeloid Neoplasia». The project has a temporary financing for 3 years.
About the Department/Project
The main objective of the project is development, application writing and utilization of PDX models for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), in conjunction with the development of new biomarkers, molecular imaging diagnostic methods and new ultimate therapies for this cancer forms.
The main objectives are:
- Preclinical modeling: perform and carry out various animal tests.
- Testing of new therapies in immunodeficient mouse models (cell lines, PDX, iPDX)
- Imaging of experimental animals (Optical, PET / CT, ultrasound) and image analysis
- Handling of cells in culture (adherent cells, cells in suspension), counting, labeling and testing of vitality on cells
- Use of flow-cytometri
For further information about the project and the position, please contact Professor
Emmet Mc Cormack (Emmet.Mc.Cormack@uib.no, +47 55 97 46 28).
Qualifications and qualities
The successful applicant must have a Norwegian veterinarian degree or equivalent
The successful applicant must have experience with animal experiments and have a FELASA C license.
Researchers who have experience in preclinical in vivo experimentation are particularly welcome to apply for this position
The applicant must be experienced in handling of immunodeficient mice, various injections and operating techniques, bone marrow mimetics
Experience with preclinical imaging: Optical, PET / CT, ultrasound is an advantage
Personal skills, including abilities to work independently and cooperate within a research group will be evaluated
The applicant must be motivated and responsible, and also have a great work capacity and enthusiasm for research
The candidate must be fluent in written and oral in English and Norwegian.
We can offer
- A good and challenging work environment in research front of leukaemia.
- Salary level 51 (NOK 449 400, code 1108/pay framework 25.5) following ordinary meriting regulations. A pension contribution of 2 % will be deducted and deposited to the state pension scheme
- A good pension scheme in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Inclusive workplace (IW)
- Good welfare benefits
For more information regarding what the University of Bergen can offer its employees please visit:
The following premises are valid for this Researcher position
- The Researcher will be a member of the research group of which the topic/project belongs to
- The salary shall if possible be 100% covered by external financing
- The Researcher shall actively contribute to attract external funding to the research project, both for her/his own position and other positions, from the Research Council of Norway, EU and other sources
- The Researcher is expected to have her/his research activity financed by the project of the researcher and the projects of the associated research group
- The Head of Department may allocate work for the Researcher related to specific research projects
- The Researcher may participate in committee work and other administrative tasks within UiB
- The Researcher has no teaching duties, but is expected to supervise master students when this is a natural part of the research activity of the research group.
- The Researcher may apply for competence promotion according to the regulations for promotions
- The basis for this position terminates if the financing for this project terminates, and the new law on state employees etc on termination/resignation and position priority will be applied.
Recruitment to state employment
State employment shall reflect the multiplicity of the population at large to the highest possible degree. The University of Bergen has therefore adopted a personnel policy objective to ensure that we achieve a balanced age and sex composition and the recruitment of persons of various ethnic backgrounds. Persons of different ethnic backgrounds and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principles of public openness when recruiting staff to scientific positions. Information about the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if their request is not respected.
The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at any time.
You send your application with attachments electronically via Jobbnorge by clicking on the button marked “apply for this job”.
The application must include:
- a brief letter of application stating your motivation for the position, why you are applying and why this position is perfect for you
- witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- publications and academic work (max 10) and a list of these
- two referees (name and contact information)
Please note that the applications will be forwarded to a committee with the information and attachments uploaded in Jobbnorge at closing date.
Further information about our employment process can be found here.
About this job
- DeadlineFriday, December 21, 2018
- EmployerUniversity of Bergen
- Place of serviceBergen
- Jobbnorge ID161336
- Internal ID18/14053
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!
- Vacant positions - University of Bergen
- Vacant positions - Research / Development
- Vacant positions - Education / Teaching / Research
- Vacant positions - Hordaland