The University of Bergen (UiB) is an internationally recognised research university with more than 14,000 students and close to 3,500 employees at six faculties. The university is located in the heart of Bergen. Our main contribution to society is excellent basic research and education across a wide range of disciplines.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position within pedagogic
There is a vacancy for a postdoctoral research fellow position at Department of Biological Sciences within pedagogic. The position is for a period of 3 years and is associated with the 4-year project ArtsApp funded by the Norwegian Research Council.
About the project/work tasks
- The project’s aim is to optimize a mobile application for learning outcomes and motivation for learning biological species.
- The main tasks for the postdoc position will be to evaluate the effects of the app for learning outcomes and motivation for learning species and with this contribute towards improving the app for learning.
- The candidate will prepare and conduct surveys in connection with courses in species identification
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Applicants must hold a Norwegian PhD or an equivalent degree within pedagogy, or must have submitted his/her doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded
- Experience from research on learning effects of digital-learning, as well as experience with pedagogy for biological subjects will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of quantitative methods
- Applicants must be able to work independently and in a structured manner, and have the ability to cooperate with others.
- Applicants must have excellent skills in oral and written English
- Applicants must have good command of the Norwegian language
Personal and relational qualities will be emphasized. Research experience, ambitions and potential will also count when evaluating the candidates.
About the position of postdoctoral research fellow:
The postdoctoral position is a fixed-term position with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. If the appointee lacks teaching experience, or other relevant qualifications, the employment period may be increased to 3 years and up to additional 6 months. Teaching and other duties will in such cases be added to the position. The department will fund the extra months. The position may be extended by up to one year (maximum 4 years in total) if the appointee is granted externally financed research stays abroad. Individuals may not be hired for more than one fixed-term period as a postdoctoral research fellow at the same institution.
For postdoctoral research fellow positions associated with externally financed projects, the completion of the project proposal for the qualifying work, as well as a progress plan, will be developed in cooperation with the supervisor and head of department.
It is a requirement that the project is completed in the course of the period of employment.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Salary at pay grade 57 (code 1352 / pay range 24, alternative 1) according to the state salary scale upon appointment. This constitutes a gross annual salary of NOK 090 900. Further promotions are made according to length of service.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IW)
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant's research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- The names and contact information for two referees. One of these should be the main advisor from the PhD programme.
- Transcripts and diplomas and official confirmation that the doctoral thesis has been submitted
- Relevant certificates/references
- List of any works of a scientific nature (publication list)
- Publications (as applicable)
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at JobbNorge
Ffor further details about the position, please contact: Professor John-Arvid GrytnesDepartment of Biological Sciences, University of Bergen (e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +47 5558 8128)
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. Age and gender balance among employees is therefore a goal. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principle of public access to information when recruiting staff for academic positions.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
Further information about our employment process can be found here.
About this job
- DeadlineTuesday, June 5, 2018
- EmployerUniversity of Bergen
- Jobbnorge ID152998
- Internal ID18/5475
- DurationFixed Term
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!
- Vacant positions - University of Bergen
- Vacant positions - Research / Development
- Vacant positions - Education / Teaching / Research
- Vacant positions - Hordaland