The University of Bergen (UiB) is an internationally recognised research university with more than 14,000 students and close to 3,500 employees at six faculties. The university is located in the heart of Bergen. Our main contribution to society is excellent basic research and education across a wide range of disciplines.
Sars International Centre for Marine Molecular Biology (Sars Centre) is situated at the Marineholmen campus together with other research institutes at the University. The Sars Centre is partner with European Molecular Biological Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, Germany and is organized directly under Rector at UiB.
Substitute Executive Officer, Front Office (konsulent, kode 1065) at the Sars Centre
A full-time, substitute position as Executive Officer (konsulent, kode 1065) is available in the Sars Centre administration office starting February 2018 and is initially available for one year. The position is one of 5 positions providing administrative support to the Centre’s current staff of 45 scientific and 15 technical positions. The Centre is also temporarily hosting a variable number of visiting scientists, including undergraduate students from foreign universities. Most current employees at the Sars Centre are non-Norwegian and English is the main working language at the Centre.
- Receptionist duties including telephone inquiries, postal and courier routines, administer employee/guest keys and ID cards, manage room bookings, seminar announcements and general administrative support
- Administer incoming and outgoing correspondence using ePhorte
- Ordering and processing invoices, employee/guest reimbursements and travel claims
- Registration of the Centre’s research results in Cristin
- Responsibility for some common equipment and common rooms
- Additional administrative support duties may be added to the position
- Bachelor degree within administration or relevant field. Long and relevant work experience can in some circumstances compensate for lack of the formal educational requirement for the position
- Relevant work experience within administration
- Knowledge of administrative IT systems used at UiB, experience with ePhorte and Cristin is an advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills (both English and Norwegian)
- As the first contact point for the Centre, you must be able to create a positive first impression, be service minded and solution oriented
- Ability to work independently and systematically and prioritize tasks to deliver work on time
- Ability to communicate, interact, and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse nationalities and educational backgrounds
When evaluating candidates, a strong emphasis will be put on the personal qualifications considered essential for the position.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Salary as Executive Officer (konsulent, kode 1065/LR17, alt. 8) from pay grade 38-49, based on formal assessment of civil service seniority and qualifications currently equal to NOK 366.400-430.100
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IA enterprise)
- Good welfare benefits
Application in English or Norwegian:
Send your application electronically via JobbNorge “Apply for this job” ("Søk stillingen").
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant’s background and motivation for applying for the position
- Certified copies of transcripts and other relevant certificates
- The names and contact information for two reference persons
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or Norwegian must be uploaded at JobbNorge. Please note that applications will be assessed only with the information available in JobbNorge when the deadline expires. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.
Applications by email only will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2018
Interviews will be held in Norwegian and English.
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting Head of Administration, Carol Bruce, tlf.: +47 55584360, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of the Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. The state personnel policies therefore aim at a balanced age and gender composition, and to recruit people with immigrant background or reduced work capacity. People with immigrant backgrounds are encouraged to apply for the position.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
More information about the appointment process here.
About this job
- DeadlineWednesday, January 31, 2018
- EmployerUniversity of Bergen
- Jobbnorge ID146589
- Internal ID2018/277-Bruce
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!
- Vacant positions - University of Bergen
- Vacant positions - Administration / Office / Personnel
- Vacant positions - Education / Teaching / Research
- Vacant positions - Hordaland