The University of Bergen (UiB) is an internationally recognised research university with more than 14,000 students and close to 3,500 employees at six faculties. The university is located in the heart of Bergen. Our main contribution to society is excellent basic research and education across a wide range of disciplines.
Staff engineer (Programmer) - renewed announcement
At the Department of Informatics there is a vacancy for a position as a Staff Engineer financed by external projects. For the first 2 years the position is linked to the project "How do soluble proteins bind to biological membranes?” and is financed by the Research Council of Norway. The successful candidate will work with the group “Molecular modeling of protein dynamics” headed by Professor Nathalie Reuter (http://www.uib.no/rg/reuter).
About the Department
The Department has 6 research groups: Algorithms, Bioinformatics, Optimization, Programming Theory, Reliable Communication and Visualization. The Department is ranked first in Norway with Respect to the Quality of its research by the Research Council of Norway. For more information visit our Web pages: http://www.uib.no/en/ii
The position includes the development and maintenance of web based software for the analysis of protein flexibility.
Qualifications and qualities:
• The applicants must hold a master’s degree that includes extensive training in programming.
• Experience with development and deployment of web-based solutions is required.
• Familiarity with Python web-frameworks will be an advantage.
• Interest and documented ability to address problems in scientific computing, either by relevant work experience or completed coursework in molecular sciences, will be an advantage.
• Relevant experience related to the development of software for bioinformatics or molecular modelling applications will be an advantage.
• Personal skills that are important for the position will be emphasized.
• Applicants must be fluent in oral and written English.
We can offer:
• A good, flexible and scientifically challenging working environment.
• Position as staff engineer (code 1085/pay framework 22).Salary at pay grade 47-52 in the state salary scale. This currently amounts to an annual salary of NOK 416 600 – 451 300 gross.
• Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
• A position in an inclusive workplace (IA enterprise).
• Good welfare benefits.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2018
For further information please contact Nathalie Reuter, Professor, Computational Biology Unit and Department of Molecular Biology, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: +47 55 58 40 40.
State employment shall reflect the multiplicity of the population at large to the highest possible degree. The University of Bergen has therefore adopted a personnel policy objective to ensure that we achieve a balanced composition regarding age and sex and the recruitment of persons of various ethnic backgrounds. Persons of different ethnic backgrounds and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply for the position.
Information about the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if his/her request is not respected.
More information about the appointment processes here.
About this job
- DeadlineWednesday, January 31, 2018
- EmployerUniversity of Bergen
- Jobbnorge ID145874
- Internal ID2016/10942
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!
- Vacant positions - University of Bergen
- Vacant positions - Research / Development
- Vacant positions - Education / Teaching / Research
- Vacant positions - Hordaland