The University of Bergen (UiB) is an internationally recognised research university with more than 14,000 students and close to 3,500 employees at six faculties. The university is located in the heart of Bergen. Our main contribution to society is excellent basic research and education across a wide range of disciplines.
Postdoctoral Fellow (3 years)
At the Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care a full-time (100 %) position as Postdoctoral Fellow is available for a period of three years, starting in the Fall of 2017. The position is part of the prosject ”Inclusive Evaluation of Public Health Interventions”, financed by the Research Council of Norway.
The main focus of the project is to generate and apply new tools and evidence to promote public health interventions that are cost-effective, that generate both health and non-health benefits, and that reduce inequalities.
The main objectives for the position are to lead three broad economic evaluations of three clusters of public health interventions: promoting walking and cycling, lifestyle services for overweight or obese children, adolescents, and adults, and physical activity among socioeconomically disadvantaged women.
For further information please contact Professor Ole Frithjof Norheim, firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: +47 55586145.
Qualifications and qualities
- The candidate must hold a PhD-degree within the field of economics, health economics or epidemiology or have submitted his or her doctoral dissertation in any of those same fields for evaluation within the closing date of the application. It is a condition for appointment that the dissertation is approved.
- The candidate must have experience in economic evaluations, quantitative analysis of data, and preferably analysis of public health interventions.
- The candidate should be proficient in spoken and written English
- Personal skills will be emphasized. The candidate should be able to work independently and interactively in a team setting, be motivated and responsible, and also have a great work capacity and enthusiasm for research
We can offer
- A good and challenging work environment in the research group Global Health Priorities (www.uib.no/en/rg/globpri ). Situated at the Department of Global Health and Primary Care at the University of Bergen, the GHP research group study the ethics and economics of priority setting in health, and the background and implications of health policies and planning. GHP aims to be in the research front of priority setting that take distributional concerns into account.
- Salary level 57 (code 1352/pay framework 24.1) at present NOK 490 900 gross p.a., with a degree in Medicine or Dentistry level 59 (code 1352/pay framework 24.3) at present NOK 508 800 gross p.a., with a medical specialization level 61 (code 1352/pay framework 24.5) at present NOK 527 500 gross p.a. on the government salary scale. Further promotion will be after service seniority in the position. A pension contribute of 2 % will be deducted and deposited to the state pension scheme.
- A good pension scheme in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Inclusive workplace (IW
- Good welfare benefits
- A beautiful city; ideal as a starting point to explore some of the most spectacular fjords and mountains in Norway.
For more information regarding what the University of Bergen can offer its employees please visit: http://www.uib.no/en/poa/74243/what-can-university-bergen-offer-its-employees
For further information about the recruitment process, click here
About postdoctoral fellowships
In general, the purpose of postdoctoral positions at the University of Bergen is the building of competence by means of further development of research work to a higher level than what is possible within an ordinary PhD program. The main goals of the positions are to qualify the successful candidate for professional top positions.
Applicants shall put forward a proposal for a project for qualifying work. The proposal shall include a progress plan. It is a premise that the selected candidate will complete the project within the stipulated period of employment. Leaves of absence for other purposes than those laid down by law are normally not granted.
The employee may be assigned up to 25 % compulsory duties in the form of teaching and similar work at the department.
Postdoctoral fellowships are fixed term positions. You cannot be employed as a postdoctoral fellow for more than one fixed term period at the same institution. Also, you cannot be employed in a postdoctoral position if you have previously held this type of position at a different institution in the region.
Recruitment to state employment
State employment shall reflect the multiplicity of the population at large to the highest possible degree. The University of Bergen has therefore adopted a personnel policy objective to ensure that we achieve a balanced age and sex composition and the recruitment of persons of various ethnic backgrounds and persons with disabilities. Persons of different ethnic backgrounds and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply for the position.
The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at any time.
The University of Bergen applies the principles of public openness when recruiting staff to scientific positions. Information about the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if their request is not respected.
How to apply
You send your application with attachments electronically via “Jobbnorge” by clicking on the button marked “APPLY FOR THIS JOB”.
The application must contain:
- a brief letter of application stating your motivation for the position and why you are applying
- witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose witnessed diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- complete list of publications
- publications (pdf) it is important that each of the scholarly works on which the committee should place special emphasis, is attached in its entirety
- two referees (name and contact information)
The applications will be sent electronically to the assessment committee.
Please notice that the applications will be assessed only with the information available in “Jobbnorge” when the deadline expires. It is the applicant`s responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.
About this job
- DeadlineSunday, July 2, 2017
- EmployerUniversity of Bergen
- Place of serviceBergen
- Jobbnorge ID139193
- Internal ID17/7003(irwa)
- DurationFixed Term
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!
- Vacant positions - University of Bergen
- Vacant positions - Research / Development
- Vacant positions - Education / Teaching / Research
- Vacant positions - Hordaland