The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Professor or Associate Professor - Medical Microbiology
The Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, offers a full time position as Professor (SKO 1013) / or Associate Professor (SKO 1011) in Medical Microbiology combined with a part-time (20% position) as Senior Consultant at the Department of Microbiology, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Oslo University Hospital.
A 20% position as Senior Consultant microbiologist at the Oslo University Hospital is combined with the full time professorship. The job description of the clinical work will be adapted to the qualifications of the successful candidate.
The present position is created with the specific aim to expand the research competence of the Department within the field of clinical and molecular virology related to immunocompromized patients. The successful applicant will have an important role in shaping future research and teaching of medical students at the Department of Microbiology. Research in the Department of Microbiology is currently mainly focused on genome stability, DNA repair, gene regulation, cell signaling in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell systems as well as microbial pathogenesis and molecular and clinical studies of HIV and Cytomegalovirus.
Applicants must hold an MD and have sufficient experience in clinical microbiology to teach medical students broadly within the major fields of microbiology. Substantial ambition and quality of teaching is expected.
Applicants should hold a strong record in clinical and/or basic virological research and should also be involved in ongoing research activity. It is expected that the successful candidate will develop a strong research network within the department and the institution, as well as nationally and internationally, and to be able to obtain research funding from external sources. Ability to create an attractive and stimulating academic environment within the department and to attract PhD students and postdocs is essential.
The research strategy of the Department of Microbiology encourages integration of basic and clinical research. Experience and competence in translational research will be considered an advantage. Applicants are expected to collaborate actively with leading research groups through national and international networks.
The full-time academic position and the part-time clinical position must be held jointly. It is a requirement that the successful candidate holds both positions.
For complete job description, please follow this link: http://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/jobb/stillingsbeskrivelser/2016-14964-mik.pdf
• Pay grade depending upon qualifications
• Professor: Pay Grade 75 - 85 (NOK 680 200 – NOK 907 900; SKO 1013)
• Associate Professor: Pay Grade 65 – 74 (NOK 563 500 – NOK 671 600; SKO 1011)
• A challenging and friendly working environment
• Favourable retirement plan and welfare arrangements
• More information is found at http://www.uio.no/english/for-employees/employment/
• A cover letter (one-page statement of motivation and research interests)
• Curriculum Vitae (summarizing education, positions, academic work and scientific publications, language qualifications)
• A complete list of publications
• A separate list of your 10 most important publications - i.e. the 10 publications which you would like the adjudicating committee to give the main emphasis in their assessment (please submit these 10 papers in full text format)
• Description of educational and pedagogic qualifications
• Description of qualifications of administration/leadership
• Description of qualifications in communication
• List of documents that are attached
• Other qualifications
• Describe of PhD-candidate supervision, including the PhD-students name, point of time of disputation and whether the applicants were main or co-supervisor
More information on assessment and weighting of qualifications is found at http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
For Rules for Appointments to Professorships and Associate Professorships please see: https://www.uio.no/english/about/regulations/personnel/academic/rules-appointment-professor.html
Applicants, who at the time of appointment cannot provide documentary evidence of basic teaching competence, must acquire such competence in the course of a period of two years.
• Applicants who are not competent in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish must acquire such competence within two years subsequent to their appointment, and must be competent in English in the interim period.
• As a main rule, interviews will be held and references collected, and the applicants will normally be required to give a trial lecture.
• The University of Oslo wishes to appoint more women and people from ethnic minorities to permanent academic positions and strongly encourage such candidates to apply.
• The University of Oslo has an intellectual property agreement that applies to all employees, with the aim of securing rights to research results.
For further information please contact:
• Fredrik Müller (email@example.com ,) head of Department, professor, Department of Microbiology
• Tone Tønjum (firstname.lastname@example.org ,) professor, teaching manager, Department of Microbiology
• Arne Klungland (email@example.com ,) professor, head of research, Department of Microbiology
For questions regarding online application please contact adviser Maria Nesteby, email firstname.lastname@example.org ; Telephone: +47 22844686
Applications must be delivered in Jobbnorge. Applications sent by email will not be accepted.
About this job
- DeadlineMonday, July 31, 2017
- EmployerUniversity of Oslo
- Place of serviceUiO, Dept of Microbiology, Oslo
- Jobbnorge ID138485
- Internal ID2016/14964
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!
- Vacant positions - University of Oslo
- Vacant positions - Health / Social
- Vacant positions - Education / Teaching / Research
- Vacant positions - Oslo