- MF Norwegian School of Theology (1908) is an accredited Specialized University focusing on Theology, Religion, and Social Studies, located in Oslo. With three departments (the Department of Theology, the Department of Religious Education and Pedagogical Studies, and the Department of Religion and Society), MF educates scholars, teachers, ministers, and other professionals at the undergraduate and graduate level for leadership and service both nationally and internationally.
Ph.D. Research Fellowships
At MF two Ph.D. research fellowships are now available. The starting date for the fellowships is September 1st 2017. PhD research fellowships are temporary research engagements which shall lead to a completed degree of PhD.
The positions are for three years. Alternatively four years can be agreed, but then with 25 % teaching or other tasks in the institution.
The positions are announced openly, but applications connected to existing research, networks and projects at MF will be given priority. The PhD project must be within MF’s confines of research and disciplines. It is a precondition that project progress and writing production is satisfactory. There are half-way and other progress evaluations.
The engagement requires admission into MFs doctoral program and participation in the organized research education offered by the institution. The schedule of the doctoral program indicates that residence in Oslo is required. The candidate's main supervisor will normally come from the permanent academic staff of the relevant MF department.
PhD research positions are reserved for younger applicants primarily. A basic formal requirement for admission is the level set by a master’s degree or cand.theol./ cand.philol. within the fields of study relevant for the doctoral project. The equivalent of a master’s degree is required (i.e. 3 years bachelor and 2 years master, 300 ECTS altogether). Applicants must have completed their master’s degree at the time of application.
In addition to this formal academic requirement, the ability to co-operate, creativity, and the necessary personal capacity to complete an independent doctoral thesis within the time set for the position will be taken into account. The person hired for the position is expected to work in accordance with MF’s aim and profile.
Applications must include a presentation of the proposed project (5-10 pages) with a plan of progress, a preliminary disposition of the thesis and relevant accompanying documents. MF will also make use of interviews in the nomination process.
Salary will be in accordance with level 50 (code 1017/20.8) on the Norwegian government salary scale. A compulsory 2 % contribution to the State Pension Fund (Statens pensjonskasse) will be deducted from gross salary. In addition, research fellows will receive up to 20.000 NOK yearly for expenses attached to the project itself.
Application, presentation of project, Curriculum Vitae, and accompanying documents with attestation must be sent electronically via www.Jobbbnorge.no within March 15th 2017. The final decision on the appointments will take place in June 2017.
Jobbnorge-ID: 132494. Deadline of application: 2017.03.15.
In Jobbnorge.no a screening template is used. Applicants must here complete the following:
Academic works, productions (titles)
Working title of the PhD project (maximum 140 characters)
Wish(es) for PhD supervisor(s)
Research question, research horizon, main goal, sub-goals of the PhD project (maximum 300 words)
Plan of progress
Do you apply for other PhD research positions, positions, or admission to other PhD programs now or within the coming three months?
All the question must be answered.
About this job
- EmployerMF Norwegian School of Theology
- Place of serviceGydas vei 4, Majorstuen, Oslo
- Jobbnorge ID132494
- DurationFixed Term
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!
- Vacant positions - MF Norwegian School of Theology
- Vacant positions - Education / Teaching / Research
- Vacant positions - Oslo